Just Dance 2: HIIT

From the moment I slid the disc into my Wii, I could feel an electric pulse surging through my body. With the assistance of my wife I played through ten songs, stopping for mere seconds between each song for a breather. This is a perfect HIIT workout, I burn about 300 calories in 30-45 minutes (depending on the song selection)--not to mention the significant boost HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) gives your metabolism.

I played for about 30 minutes using my HRM during the 'Just Sweat' mode. My Heart Rate Monitor showed that I burned roughly 250 calories, while my sweat count was around 2400. So every ten sweat points represents roughly one calorie.

One of the most difficult aspects of cardio (especially for myself) is to keep it interesting. It's easy to lose focus, when your running nowhere on a treadmill. This game is FUN? Straight up. Everyone who has played this at my house leaves saying, "Man, I'm gonna buy a Wii just so I can play this game!"

From Avril Lavigne to Beastie Boys to Cher to Elvis to James Brown to Jackson 5 to Rolling Stones, this game has it all. Whatever you feel like dancing to, Just Dance caters to your desires.

I highly recommend at least trying this game out for your cardio workouts. Not necessarily as an every-day cardio substitute, but it's nice to mix things up every once in a while. Give it a try, and let me know how it goes for you!

Fun
Workout
Price